Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Inaugural Post


I have been meaning to set up my own educational blog for way too long now.    It has been on my mental "to-do" list for a couple of years.  Sadly, summer time is the only time I could mentally or physically handle setting aside the time to make this happen. And "ta-da!"  I finally did it!

My hope is for this blog be not only a way for me to reflect and share with others, but also to connect with other die-hard educators like myself.  Kind of like an online Professional Learning Community.  

I chose to name the blog "Growing Learners."  As educators, we are not only growing the Learners in our classroom, but growing ourselves as lifelong Learners.  While I push myself as a learner all year long, I like to take advantage of my "free" summer time to read, recharge, renew and reflect.  Each year it gets a little more ridiculous.  It doesn't help that I'm looping from 1st to 2nd, which means I'm revamping EVERYTHING!  Take a look...
This is my Reader's Workshop, Writer's Workshop and Read-Aloud with Accountable Talk pile.
My Guided Reading bucket of goodies in preparation for a class I'm teaching with my friend Valarie in a couple weeks.


My biggest project...digging through math resources to align them to Common Core.  

Thankful for my friend Marni, who is sharing her cart full of math binders with me to make this task bearable. 

I am also working on writing a classroom grant.  
And don't forget my bedside reading stack.  
Are you overwhelmed yet?
I am also a wife and mother of 2, so I must sprinkle in shopping, meals and fun. 
Here are my munchkins with their sweet cousins at the Hamptons.  Carson is on the far left and Claire is right smack dab in the middle of all that love.  Proof that we do make time for fun.  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats...on your blog, Teacher of the Year, and just be an amazing teacher! You inspire me! Proud to say "I knew her when...." :)
    Best-
    Amy Walker Lysne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Kerri, can't wait to follow along and read all about your educating adventures.

    ReplyDelete